CFSS provides Generalist Direct Support Services in many communities around the state of Arizona, including the greater Kingman, Bullhead City and Lake Havasu City areas. CFSS specializes in helping individuals with challenging behavioral health needs live at home or in the community rather than in out-of-home care. This includes helping youth return home from a group home, residential treatment center, hospital or detention setting, as well as helping them preserve home-based placements.
Generalist Direct Support Services are an important part of the State of Arizona’s Meet Me Where I Am Campaign, featuring services that are:
- Provided in the home and community rather than in an office setting
- Available at the times of day and on the days of the week they are needed most by the family, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Focused on helping youth with complex behavior live in the community successfully rather than in out-of-home care
- Provided in the frequency and duration specified by the Child and Family Team rather than using arbitrary or set frequencies or durations
- Delivered using a Positive Behavior Support approach when working with challenging behavioral health needs
- Utilizing support and rehabilitation services such as skills training, peer support, family support and personal care
- Customized into many different support activities based on the strengths, needs and interests of the youth and family
To explore a referral for CFSS Generalist Direct Support Services:
- Review the NARBHA MMWIA Referral Criteria and Referral Process.
- The CFT determines whether a referral should be made and the type of needs the various support services would address.
- Call CFSS to discuss the potential referral and check for program capacity.
- Complete the MMWIA Enrollment Form and send it to CFSS and NARBHA (instructions are on the form) along with all of the documents listed on the NARBHA MMWIA Referral Checklist
- Invite CFSS and the NARBHA Direct Support Projects Specialist to attend an upcoming CFT meeting to discuss the referral and to make arrangements to begin service.
Note: Generalist Direct Support Services are distinct from NARBHA’s Respite Set-Aside Program. For more information, please contact CFSS.
Kingman Office Location
403 E. Beale St. Kingman, AZ 86401
Mailing Address: PO Box 1271, Kingman, AZ 86402
Phone: 928-753-8778 - Fax: 928-753-8772
Other CFSS Locations
|Flagstaff||Lake Havasu City||Page||Phoenix||Prescott Valley||Show Low||Tucson|